Apply for Committee Member
Together with the PR board member, you go to meetings with possible partners to search for shared opportunities and ensure that every partner receives personal attention. Partnerships will initially be focused on increasing AFD’s funds, however once these are established we can search for support in other fields.
- You are a bachelor or master student at Utrecht University or a close by university (of applied sciences), preferably with a background in international business, (commercial) economics, bedrijfskunde or a similar study.
- You have good business sense and commercial awareness. You are able to understand what a partner values and deliver that.
- You are passionate or willing to learn about social enterpreneurship and/or sustainability and believe in the mission, vision and values of Academics for Development.
- You are a team player with convincing communication skills and easily connect with people.
- You are eager to network, attend events and maintain contact with partners such as universities, NGOs or (social) businesses.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English.
- Ability to commit to this position until August 2018.
- Willingness to dedicate approx. 5-8 hours a week to AFD next to your studies.
- Join at least one board meeting per month.
- Gain hands-on experience and tackle real problems and challenges next to your studies.
- Obtain valuable skills like pitching, conversation initiation, sales and relationship management which boost your personal growth.
- Grow your netwerk of social (business) minded people and organisations.
- Be part of a fun, open and international student community.